The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces is now here thanks to Invisalign. Also known as clear braces, Invisalign is not only proudly offered at our Raleigh, NC dental practice, but we’ve been awarded the 2015 and 2016 preferred provider award here in Raleigh!
Contact us or Call (919) 977-7480 Now to schedule a free Invisalign consultation.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Bassiri’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Bassiri has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Bassiri about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign® straightens teeth to give you the confidence of a great smile. Using a series of clear, virtually invisible aligners, Invisalign gently and gradually moves your teeth based on the treatment plan prescribed by your orthodontist or dentist. And, there are no wires or brackets so you’ll have confidence in your smile during and after treatment. In fact, most people won’t even know you’re wearing Invisalign. And, Invisalign aligners are removable so you can eat whatever you want and easily brush and floss as you normally would.
You’ll visit your orthodontist or dentist every 6-8 weeks and on average, Invisalign treatment takes less than a year.
How does Invisalign Work?
The virtually invisible aligners, which are made of a thermoplastic material uniquely developed for the Invisalign treatment plan, look similar to teeth-whitening trays. A series of Invisalign aligners are custom-made for you, to move your teeth in the sequence determined by your doctor. Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks before moving onto the next set of aligners in your treatment plan.
How often do I need to wear my aligners?
It is recommended that you wear your aligners for 20-22 hours per day and only remove them for eating or drinking, brushing and flossing.
Will wearing Invisalign aligners affect my speech?
Invisalign aligners may temporarily affect the speech of some people, and you may have a slight lisp for a day or two. However, as you get used to having aligners in your mouth, any lisp caused by the aligners should disappear.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Cost is always a concern, and only your doctor can the exact price of treatment. In most cases, Invisalign treatment is comparable to the cost of traditional braces. In the U.S., the cost of Invisalign treatment ranges from $3,500 to $8,000, with the national average at about $5,000.
Does insurance cover Invisalign?
Because medical benefits differ from policy to policy, you should review your personal coverage plan and check with your insurance provider. In general, if a patient has orthodontic coverage, Invisalign should be covered to the same extent as conventional braces.
Does Invisalign really work?
Yes. Over 1.5 million patients with a wide variety of dental challenges have been treated with clear braces. Invisalign was developed with orthodontists and used in dental practices worldwide.
Contact us or Call (919) 977-7480 Now to schedule a free consultation for Invisalign.