Meet Dr. Hoda Imeni Bassiri
When I married my husband, Dr. Kiarash Bassiri, on May 1st, 2010, we had a dream together to one day open up an office that we could share and provide two great services in one convenient location. Today, I can’t believe this dream is coming true – we’re offering Fusion Dental Care and Fusion Eye Care in one location!!! He will take care of your eyes and I will take care of your teeth. My goal is to have all eyes on your smile!
And here is a little more about myself: It was 1998 when my family and I moved to America from Iran as refugees. My parents risked their whole life to bring my brother, Erfan, and I to the US for a better future and an education. The life lessons that I had to learn from a young age have been invaluable to the person that I am today and I’m so grateful for my life, family and for everything that this country has offered me.
That’s why I chose dentistry as my profession because I could use my skills as a dentist to give back to my community. I love art, science and people and dentistry is a perfect mix of all three in which I can help restore and maintain the oral health of people of all ages. Being able to help someone smile again is the most rewarding experience and I’m so honored to play a role in helping people feel better about themselves and improve their quality of life.
- Graduate of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, with a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology and Minor in Chemistry
- Graduate of UNC School of Dentistry at Chapel Hill, NC, with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- Graduate of AEGD Residency Program at Fayetteville VA Medical Center, with Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- 2012: “Best of the Best” Award in Prosthodontics by Whip Mix at UNC School of Dentistry
- 2008-2012: Board of Governor’s Dental Scholar
- 2004-2008: Aubrey Lee Brooks Scholar
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
After attending one of the best dental schools in the country (UNC), I chose to do an optional year of residency to advance in my profession and become the best cosmetic dentist and general dentist that I can be. It was during this advanced education in general dentistry program (AEGD) that I was able to surgically place and restore about 50 dental implants, much more than many other residency programs in the state. The residency also prepared me to do complex treatment plan cases while improving on prosthodontics, oral surgery, endodontics, periodontics and much more. I also received training in treating medically compromised patients while addressing their cosmetic and functional needs. It has truly been a rewarding experience for me to treat the veterans who served our country.
Additionally, I believe that in order to provide the best dental care, I must stay abreast of the latest techniques in patient care, such as porcelain veneers in Raleigh NC. I am routinely involved in continuing education courses and seminars put on by numerous professional organizations. I pay constant attention to the development of my clinical skills so that I am able to provide exemplary care for all my patients. A big part of this is my direct involvement with numerous professional organizations, including:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- North Carolina Dental Society (NCDS)
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society (RWCDS)
I truly enjoy volunteering and I have been an active member of Missions of Mercy dental clinic, treating hundreds of underserved people for free in many rural areas of North Carolina. I also volunteered at the CARE clinic in Fayetteville, NC for a year, providing free dental care to people who could not afford dentistry. It is such a great feeling to be able to help those in need and I hope to continue to support this great cause.
- 2016: Wake Smiles – Volunteer on Tuesdays – Providing $20,000 worth of Dentistry to the underserved population for free in Raleigh, NC
- 2016: Dental Health Presentation to the Boys & Girls Club and donation
- 2016: Halloween Candy Buy-Back – Sent $900 worth of candy to the troops
- 2016: Smiles for Life – Whitening Charity
- 2015: YMCA – “Love My Teeth” Educational Day & Free Dental Screenings, Burlington, NC
- 2014: North Carolina Missions of Mercy Dentist Volunteer, Winston-Salem, NC
- 2012-2013: The CARE Clinic- Dentist volunteer- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, Fayetteville, NC
- 2005-2012: North Carolina Missions of Mercy Dental Clinic Volunteer
- 2012: Greensboro, NC
- 2011: New Bern, NC; Weldon, NC; New London, NC; Dare Co, NC
- 2010: Sparta, NC; Gastonia, NC; Dare Co., NC; Outer Banks, NC
- 2009: Washington, NC; Greensboro, NC
- 2007: Washington, NC; Siler City, NC
- 2006: Boone, NC
- 2005: Burlington, NC
IN THE OFFICE
I pride myself in the relationships I build with my patients as I treat everyone like they’re my own family and recommend what is in their best interest. With the help of my team, I strive to educate my patients on making informed decision about their oral health and dental treatments as it affects their overall health.
Preventive dentistry is extremely important; therefore, it is recommended for children’s first dental visit to be when their first teeth comes in at about 6 months. By creating a friendly environment, our hope is that your child will look forward to seeing the dentist.
With my background education, I am able to offer patients numerous treatment options and meet all their needs. For example, if you are a good candidate, we can place and restore an implant to replace a missing tooth without having to send you to several different dentists while saving you time and money. Same day service is also offered and you can bring the whole family in for a dental exam as well as an eye exam without having to miss several days of work. Or if you want your teeth whiter, we can do that too.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I enjoy spending time with my husband and our 2 sons, Kiyan & Ryaan. They’re growing up too fast and we are truly blessed to have them in our life.